With Windows 7 Professional, you’ll be able to run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP mode* and you can set it to help safeguard your data with automatic back-ups to your home or business network. You’ll be able to connect to company networks easily and more securely with Domain Join. And with entertainment features like Windows Media Center, it’s great for home as well as for business.
Simplifies everyday tasks
- Improved desktop navigation features like Snap, Peek and Shake, make it easier to manage all of your open windows. ·
- Creating a home network has never been easier. You can even share files and printers with all the PCs with Windows 7 on the network. ·
- Find virtually anything on your PC – from documents to songs to email – just by typing a word or two with Windows Search.
Works the way you want
- Designed to make your PC sleep and resume quicker.
- Takes full advantage of the power and multi-tasking capabilities of the latest 64-bit PCs.
Makes new things possible
- Watch, pause, rewind and record TV with Windows Media Center. Includes integrated video and Dolby audio codecs.
- Windows® 7 System Requirements
- 1GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1GB RAM (32-bit) / 2GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit) ·
- DirectX® 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
Additional Requirements to use Certain Features: ·
- Internet access (fees may apply) ·
- Depending on resolution video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware ·
- For some Windows Media Center functionality a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required ·
- Windows Touch and Windows Tablet require specific hardware ·
- HomeGroup requires a network and PCs with Windows 7 ·
- DVD/CD authoring requires a compatible optical drive ·
- Music and sound require audio output ·
- Windows XP Mode requires:
- Additional 1GB of RAM
- Additional 15GB of available disk space
- Processor capable of hardware virtualization, with Intel-VT or AMD-V turned on